The Main Event – February 2, 2018
Connect with The Main Event on social media! Follow Ed Hoffman on Twitter @EdHoffman, where he tweets about current events all week long – and, like the show on Facebook at Facebook.com/TheMainEventEdHoffman. You can also call the new listener hotline to leave Ed a voicemail and tell him what you think of the show! Call The Main Event listener hotline at (855) 640-2092. Here’s a preview of this week’s show! (To see Ed’s comments, look for “Ed Alerts” throughout the blog post!)
They Released the Memo! Here’s What’s In It
After two weeks of media demands to the House Intelligence Committee to “release the memo,” Congress did just that. The biggest revelation from the memo is that the phony “Trump dossier” written by ex-British spy Christopher Steele was used to substantiate the application for the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrant granting the FBI permission to spy on members of the Trump team (most notably, Trump campaign foreign policy advisor Carter Page, who members of the left have smeared considerably and even called a “Russian spy” with no verifiable proof).
The six-page memo also has plenty of “connect the dots” information that shows the Department of Justice, then-FBI Director James Comey and others knew the fake dossier was used to obtain the warrant, which Ed elaborates on this week – and, it shows that the entire thing was bankrolled by none other than the Democratic National Committee and the Hillary Clinton campaign, all of which was also known by the Department of Justice and the FBI. Incredible! Ed alert: “The collusion is obvious; it’s so blatant. All because no one wanted this non-establishment businessman to come in and upset their world.”
State of the Union Recap
President Trump’s first State of the Union was Tuesday night. Despite the Democrats in the room staging silent protests, the President hit a home run with uplifting and patriotic overture.
Here’s what we saw from the Dems during the State of the Union:
- Nancy Pelosi refused to stand for any part of the speech (Ed alert: “…And it was disgusting!”)
- The Congressional Black Caucus stared angrily at the President while wearing African kente cloth, and most of them didn’t even clap when he cited the lowest black unemployment rate ever recorded (Ed alert: “That’s how you know someone hates Trump more than they love America. They can’t even applaud something good.”)
- Large groups of Dems didn’t stand or clap when Trump praised members of our military, the national anthem and even the American flag.
- Several of them didn’t even stand to applaud Congressman Steve Scalise, their own colleague who was critically injured in the shooting at the Republican baseball practice last summer.
Regardless of their sour grapes, the show went on and the President had great things to say about the economy, energy and immigration. As always, there were inspiring guests in attendance at the President and First Lady’s invitation – from the North Korean defector who victoriously held up crutches, to the families of two Long Island girls tragically killed by MS-13 gang members, to the family of Otto Warmbier, to the law enforcement couple who adopted the baby of a heroin-addicted homeless woman – this was truly a parade of heroes. Don’t miss this week’s show!
Catch The Main Event at…
- AM 590 The Answer (KTIE), Saturdays at 10 AM/ 9 PM & Sundays at 4 PM
- AM 870 The Answer (KRLA), Sundays at 3 PM
- AM 1170 The Answer (KCBQ), Sundays at 7 AM
- Red State Talk Radio’s Encore Channel, Sundays at 1 PM Pacific
You can also get on-demand podcasts of the show right here on the Podcast page, as well as on Soundcloud or iTunes.