Connect with The Main Event on social media! Follow Ed Hoffman on Twitter @EdHoffman, where he tweets about current events all week long – and, like the show on Facebook at Facebook.com/TheMainEventEdHoffman. You can also call the new listener hotline to leave Ed a voicemail and tell him what you think of the show! Call The Main Event listener hotline at (855) 640-2092. Here’s a preview of this week’s show! (To see Ed’s comments, look for “Ed Alerts” throughout the blog post!)
America First National Security Strategy
President Trump on Monday unveiled a national security strategy that enshrines his “America First” approach to U.S. policy, stressing American strength and economic security.
It has four pillars:
- Protecting the homeland
- Promoting American prosperity
- Peace through military strength
- Cyber security
It sounds simple, but let’s remember it hasn’t always been this way. Ed alert: “Quite frankly, this is how he got elected and why I support him 100%. Do you hear the media talking about the fact that we’ve almost wiped ISIS out?”
Just in Time for Christmas!
Early Wednesday morning, the Senate approved the final version of the first overhaul of the US tax code in more than 30 years. Signed into law by the President on Friday, the Tax Cut and Jobs Act:
- Reduces the corporate tax rate from 35% to 21%
- State and local tax deductions will be capped at $10,000
- Mortgage interest deduction will be capped at $750,000
- NO changes to capital gains and dividend rates
- Opening up the ANWR National Wildlife Refuge to drilling
- And the Obamacare individual mandate has been removed!
As you know, Democrats never miss an opportunity to lie to voters about a Republican bill, and this bill was no different. Ed plays soundbites from Pelosi, Schumer and Speier outright lying to the American people about the tax bill, calling it a “disgrace” and claiming the middle class are getting their taxes raised – wrong! Ed alert: “Where is this coming from?!”
The truth on the tax bill, according to the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center, is this: In 2018, households earning $49,000 to $86,000 will see an average tax cut of $930. Households earning $86,000 to $149,000 will see an average tax cut of just over $1,800.
There’s more in this final show for 2017, so be sure to tune in as Ed celebrates the end of this 10th year on the air!
Catch The Main Event at…
- AM 590 The Answer (KTIE), Saturdays at 9:30 AM/ 9 PM & Sundays at 4 PM
- 1490 Smart Talk (KMET), Sundays at 11 AM & Mondays at 3 PM
- AM 870 The Answer (KRLA), Sundays at 3 PM
- AM 1170 The Answer (KCBQ), Sundays at 7 AM
- Red State Talk Radio’s Encore Channel, Sundays at 1 PM Pacific