Connect with The Main Event on social media! Follow Ed on Twitter @EdHoffman, where he tweets about current events all week long – and, like the show on Facebook at Facebook.com/TheMainEventEdHoffman. You can also call the new listener hotline to leave Ed a voicemail and tell him what you think of the show! Call The Main Event listener hotline at (855) 640-2092. Here’s a preview of this week’s show!
This week, Ed starts with some words on reverse mortgage. “If you’ve heard about these and all you know is you see them on TV,” Ed says, “you need to find out more. You don’t have to be poor and you don’t have to be rich; you just have to be in the age group, and you have to need it.” If you’re a homeowner age 62 or over and are interested, call Ed at (855) 640-2020 to speak with a member of his team.
White House Shakeup
Next, it’s on to the news of the week. It starts with the staffing changes we’ve seen the past couple of weeks at the White House. As you may be aware, the mainstream media is portraying this series of events as evidence that the Trump White House is “imploding.” But many smart people are viewing this as a positive thing for the administration, and you’ll hear from them on this week’s show. Ed agrees. “I don’t see this as an implosion,” Ed says. “I see this as a natural thing.” He makes comparisons to real-life situations. “It’s a tough time,” he says. “You move some people around, and you try some people here and some people there. Having a mix that works is not easy.” As for some media claims that General John Kelly taking over as Chief of Staff means the White House is being “militarized,” Ed says, “I think that’s a good thing.” You’ll also get some humor as Ed imitates Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ Alabama drawl.
Then, the topic rolls around to this week’s developments on the Russia probe – most notably, the Washington Post story that the President “personally dictated” Don Jr.’s media talking points about his June 2016 meeting with a Russian lawyer at Trump Tower. “That’s what dads and sons do,” Ed says, “but apparently that’s against the law if you’re Donald Trump.”
Sarah Sanders Smackdown
You’ll also hear from new Press Secretary Sarah Sanders, who shot down reporters in the Tuesday press briefing with reminders that they aren’t covering how the Democrats actually colluded with a foreign government during the election (the Ukraine), the Clintons’ ties to the shady Uranium One deal with Russia while Hillary was Secretary of State – or, the false story about Trump’s behavior in Russia concocted by the nefarious firm Fusion GPS, which is believed to have been paid by Democratic donors. “BAM!” Ed says in agreement.
Imran Awan, DWS IT Guy From Pakistan – Is He a Spy?
In the second half, we’re talking about how the real collusion, corruption and criminality are in the Democrat party. Last week, you may have heard about the arrest of Pakistani-born Imran Awan, the IT aide to Congresswoman and former Democratic National Committee (DNC) Chairwoman Debbie Wassermann Schultz, known in blogging shorthand as DWS.
“I missed talking about it last week, so let’s go over that story…especially since the media is doing everything they can to make it go away,” Ed says. Here’s the Imran Awan timeline:
- In February 2017, Capitol Police started investigating Awan for alleged involvement in massive cyber security breaches and for transferring sensitive congressional data offsite.
- During the investigation, they found a laptop that Debbie Wasserman Schultz had issued to him, hidden in an unused crevice of the Rayburn House Office Building.
- Shortly thereafter, Wasserman Schultz grilled Capitol Police Chief Matthew Verderosa during a budget meeting the chief had with Schultz and congressional budget staff – listen to her threaten him if he didn’t return her “equipment” to her.
- When they searched a home Awan was renting out to a tenant, police found several smashed hard drives in the garage. (The tenant is the one who found the hard drives; having seen his landlord’s story on the news, he called the police.)
- Awan was arrested on bank fraud at Dulles Airport near Washington DC on July 27; he was attempting to flee the country. Airport Customs found about $12,000 cash in his wife and children’s luggage. (Guess what? They were still allowed to board the flight to Pakistan.)
- The fraud charges are in relation to Awan and his wife, Hina Alvi, misrepresenting themselves on a loan for a rental property they had and then wiring the proceeds to two unnamed persons in Pakistan. (“Why didn’t they hold her back?” Ed says. Remember Tashfeen Malik?”)
- This whole investigation involves what a source called “serious, potentially illegal violations on the House IT network” by Imran and three of his relatives, who had access to the emails and files of the more than two dozen House Democrats who employed them on a part-time basis. (That’s right – they didn’t just work for Wasserman Schultz. Imran Awan was a shared employee paid by at least a dozen Democratic House offices, although most of them had the good sense to fire him when the investigation started in February. DWS didn’t fire him until after the arrest.)
- Awan had reportedly managed to bankroll $4 million for himself and several of his relatives since 2010, including his two brothers and their wives (plus at least three friends), all of whom were hired as staffers on the payrolls of other House Democrats. Fellow IT staffers said the Awans were often absent from weekly meetings and email exchanges. One of the fellow staffers said some of the computers the Awans managed were being used to transfer data to an off-site server – hence the investigation.
- His lawyer is claiming Islamophobia, which should come as no surprise because Imran Awan has actually written about Islamophobia for CNN and talked about it on MSNBC.
- More on that lawyer, Chris Gowen: His official bio on his law firm’s website notes that he “left the Public Defender’s office to work for former President William Jefferson Clinton and then-Senator Hillary Clinton. Chris was a fact checker for President Clinton’s memoir, My Life. He also served as a traveling aid for President Clinton’s national and international trips. Chris finished his tenure with the Clintons by directing the advance operations for then-Senator Hillary Clinton during her 2008 presidential campaign.”)
“Does all this sound fishy to you?” Ed says. “I’m going to do a part two to my Clinton Casualties show soon, because there’s a lot of stuff we need to talk about.”
Catch The Main Event at…
- AM 590 The Answer (KTIE), Saturdays at 9:30 AM/ 9 PM & Sundays at 8 AM
- 1490 Smart Talk (KMET), Sundays at 11 AM & Mondays at 3 PM
- AM 870 The Answer (KRLA), Sundays at 3 PM
- Red State Talk Radio’s Encore Channel, Sundays at 1 PM Pacific